Happy New Year! Okay, okay I know I’m a taaaad bit late, but…it’s still January, so I’m not that late, right?!?!?
In an effort to not scream down the house or throw things at the television during today’s Cowboy game, I thought during halftime I might share one of those “getting to know you” quizzes circulating around the inter webs.
And because I know that 98.76% of the population hates filling these out, I won’t tag anyone…but I love reading your answers, so if you’re in 1.24% who also loves them, feel free to share 🙂
The original quiz is 100 Getting To Know You Questions (but I thought I’d spare you all 100 questions! okay, okay, I just got tired of answering all of them…halftime is only so long, after all)
60 Questions About Me:
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Italy or Hawaii or a beach somewhere (not that they’re mutually exclusive, so perhaps a beach in Italy or Hawaii!)
- What is your biggest fear? Disappointing those I love
- What is your favorite family vacation? Going to visit Family & Friends and Going Somewhere I’ve Never Been
- What would you change about yourself if you could? I would ban the nagging, negative voice in my head
- What really makes you angry? ignorance, injustice, and hypocrisy
- What is your favorite book to read? I don’t think I could even narrow it down to 10, but here are a few The Jungle Books, Children of Men, I Know This Much is True, Harry Potter (all of them, of course), To Kill A Mockingbird, The Diary of Anne Frank, The Parasol Protectorate Series., The Spellman Files Series..
- What makes you laugh the most? My friends
- What did you want to be when you were small? Pediatric Surgeon (yes, I was that specific).
- If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Road Trip!
- What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Football, of the American variety.
- Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car? It depends how far I’m going, as I enjoy all three of those modes of transportation
- What would you sing at Karaoke night? Nobody wants to hear that…and I’d like to issue a blanket apology for all those who have
- Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? It’s a draw between wash the dishes and mow the lawn.
- If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? Cleaning and de-Addy-hairing my life (if you have a labrador, you understand)
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? TACOS!
- Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? A nickname? Try many nicknames: Shez, Shezza, Fezza, Sheshie, Sherbear, Sherrybelle, Sher, Hey you
- Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? I do because I think it takes a lot of work to pull off a surprise and I’m always appreciative of that
- Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? Hawaii. No diss on Alaska, it’s beautiful and I enjoyed visiting, but I looooooooooove Hawaii!
- If money was no object, what would you do all day? Travel the world, eat, write, and pet my dog.
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? I don’t know about a specific year, but I think the 1920s would be fun
- How would your friends describe you? You’ll have to ask them, perhaps crazy (in a good way), adventurous, loyal, and secretive
- What are your hobbies? Traveling, reading, scrapbooking, not killing people
- Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? As long as coffee is considered a necessity, I’m good
- List two pet peeves. People who don’t pick up their dog’s poop and people who hold the train doors open
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? about 20 pairs of shoes and perhaps 30 pairs of flip flops. That might be a slight exaggeration….on the shoes.
- What would you do if you won the lottery? Pay off my bills, buy a house, make large donations to charity, travel the world, have an awesomely stocked wine cellar/beer cooler/pantry, and help family & friends
- What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.) call me crazy, but I love taking the ferry (and seeing the Statue of Liberty twice a day is an added bonus!)
- What’s your favorite zoo animal? tigers, elephants, and giraffes (oh c’mon, surely you didn’t expect just ONE answer??)
- If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be? Not to sound hokey, but I don’t think I’d go back and change anything. I’d be too scared that if I did, I might miss out on meeting some of the most amazing people ever.
- How many pillows do you sleep with? 3…although in total fairness, the cat usually sleeps on one.
- What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top in? uhhhh….I think the Empire State Building
- What’s your favorite holiday? It used to be Halloween, however, now it’s Thanksgiving
- What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done? Packed up everything and moved to another country….twice. Oh and I have walked over hot coals.
- What was the last book you read? Her Final Breath by Robert Dugoni
- What’s your favorite type of foreign food? Sushi
- Are you a clean or messy person? I’m a clean, but clutter person…aka I like things to be clean and look orderly, but don’t open the closet or you risk dying under a deluge of random objects I didn’t feel like organizing
- How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Actual getting ready time, about 20-30 minutes, but I need a good hour to sit on the couch and drink coffee before that process can begin or it gets ugly…very ugly.
- What kitchen appliance do you use every day? Coffee maker. duh.
- What’s your favorite fast food chain? Sonic, Whataburger, and Taco Villa
- What’s your favorite family recipe? Ome’s Peach Cobbler
- Do you love or hate rollercoasters? I’m terrified, but I ride them (and usually enjoy it)
- What’s your favorite family tradition? Driving around on Christmas Eve, looking at Christmas Lights…of course, this has morphed into going to see the Tree at Rockefeller Center
- What’s your favorite movie? The Sound of Music, Steele Magnolias, Miracle on 34th Street (original) and of course, there’s always Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter (and no, you don’t need to comment the last three are series)
- How old were you when you learned Santa wasn’t real? How did you find out? Wait, what?!?! Santa’s not real?!?!?!?
- Is your glass half full or half empty? If this is an analogy for life, half full. If it’s an actual glass of wine or beer (or mug of coffee), then half empty
- What was your favorite subject in school? Biology
- What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten? Chocolate covered worms (and no, I don’t mean gummy worms!)
- Do you collect anything? Hilarious travel stories
- Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion? Jeans that aren’t skinny
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Extrovert, who likes a lot of alone time
- Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest? Taste
- Have you ever had a surprise party? (that was an actual surprise) Yes…I was very discombobulated for the first few minutes
- What do you do to keep fit? hahahahahahahahaha….ahem. what was the question? oh yeah, uh…..well, I live in NYC and do a lot of walking, especially up and down subway stairs as well as yoga about twice a year
- Does your family have a “motto” – spoken or unspoken? The Supreme Commander is always right. You’re welcome, Auntie K! 😉
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say? Do Not Approach Without Coffee…or Wine…or Beer…or Tacos
- What song would you say best sums you up? I’ve Always Been Crazy, Waylon Jennings
- On a scale of 1-10 how funny would you say you are? 9.125
- What was your first job? A frozen yogurt & sandwich shop….long before FOYO was cool.
- How many languages do you speak? Fluently? One but I dabble in about 4 more…
- What is one thing you will never do again? Due to the gag order, I cannot legally answer this question.
If you’re still reading, you rock!! Now, back to yelling at the game…
Happy New Year–here’s to a great 2017!